Thanks to the construction of the free-standing tower, the bells could be rung for the first time 78 years after the reformed church was consecrated.
Committed citizens of Brunnen founded the reformed church parish on 10 October 1886. 14 days later, Max Rohr was installed in office as the first pastor. He had previously been based in Schwarzenegg. Now everything had to be set up from scratch. As long as there was no church, the parish held its events at the Hotel Waldstätterhof, the Hotel Weisses Rössli and at the old schoolhouse. The first reformed church with its own chaplaincy, designed by the architects Baur and Nabholz of Zurich-Riesbach and built by the architect Karl Hürlimann of Brunnen, was ready to be consecrated and used by 1890. The new parish hall was built in 1931, and planning permission for a free-standing tower beside the church, based on plans by the Zurich-based architect Oskar Bitterli, was granted on 27 May 1968. Extensive renovation work was carried out on the buildings of the evangelical-reformed parish in 1940 and 1990. Sister Raphaela Bürgi from the Ingenbohl Institute designed the church’s beautiful windows.